Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break - What's That?

Things have gotten pretty busy around here. Soccer season has started and baseball season starts next week. In addition to soccer, Lizzy has also added track to her repertoire. So, we are gone every night of the week for one practice or another. I don't say that to complain, just stating the reasons why I haven't been able to blog much.

We took some time off last week for a "Spring Break." My kids had never heard that term until this year. They had some friends who were out of school for it, so we took a few days and went bowling, skating and had a sleepover. It was hard for them to get back into their routine this week, which is probably why I never gave them a Spring Break before.
I took Sammy, Lizzy and Henry skating for the first time. The other 3 stayed w/ mom and dad. Sadie didn't want to go, I guess she thought she would have more fun at grandma's house. Boy, was she wrong! I didn't get many pics, but I did get this one of Sammy. It kinda cracked me up!
I couldn't count the number of times he fell that day, but he kept getting back up and trying! That's my boy!
He wasn't too hurt. He was smiling before we left the rink.

We went bowling w/ our good friends, the Urbans. This is Hope. She is 4 and she is in love w/ Henry. One time when she knew we were going to be coming over to their house, she asked her mommy what she should wear since she was going to be seeing Henry. These two have a lot of fun together.
Liesel and Lizzy having fun at the bowling alley, when the boys weren't bowling in their turns!
That's what brothers are for!
Henry was mad at me because I wouldn't buy him anything to eat while we were bowling. I don't know what I am going to do when he is a teenager, because he already eats non-stop.

My friend, Charissa, and I did a kid swap one night for a sleepover. She took the girls and I took the boys. This is the fort that they slept in that night.



I used to think that I only wanted to have boys. But after this night, I realized that boys are all about "cutting the cheese," telling silly jokes, and eating every 10 minutes. I had a great time w/ them, but I sure missed my sweet, not so stinky, deep thinkers. God really does know what he is doing when it comes to giving us the children we are meant to have!

1 comment:

liesel said...

I forgot to tell you that Hope pointed to the house next door to you and said, "Mommy, I want to live in that house". I asked why and she said, "Because then I could see Henry every morning."