Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mother & Son in an interior room

That is the name of this painting.


I found it on one of the Christian blogs I read and it just struck me in such a way that I began to cry. Because, when I saw this painting, I saw me and my 3 three year old son, Silas. If you have ever met Silas, you know that he is a handful (or two handfuls). He can be obstinate, whiny, always breaking something, eating every piece of gum he can get his hands on (14 at one time), or writing on any piece of furniture he can find (his new bed!!!). This was the kind of day I had w/ him yesterday, and, to be honest with you, I couldn't wait for yesterday to be over. I know, I sound like a horrible mother. I FELT like a horrible mother. I yelled, I spanked, I put him in time out, I made him go to bed, and none of it worked. So, I went to bed last night feeling like a failure as a mom and asking God to forgive me and give me strength for tomorrow.


This morning after taking the older kids to piano, I decided to read some of my favorite blogs, hoping to find some encouragement from these wise women. Instead, I found this picture. It convicted me to the very depths of my heart, because I never once picked that little obstinate, headstrong boy up in my arms and looked him square in the face. I never spoke to him w/ a firm, yet loving voice and let him know how much I love him and how I want him to be a good boy. Instead, I . . . well, you know . . .


Thank you Lord for helping me to find this painting, for I will treasure it forever in my heart. It is such a beautiful display of your love being displayed through a mother to her precious little boy. Thank you Lord for my precious little boy!



No comments: