Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer is finally here

Well, our summer has finally begun and now I have some free time on my hands.  The time from January to May always seems to be so full for us and I don't keep up with things like I want to, blogging for instance. So, I am going to post some of the things we have done these past months and, hopefully, not bore you in the process.

There are lots of birthdays to celebrate in the winter.  Samuel in December, Lizzy and mine in January, and Sadie and Nicolas in February, and Aaron in April.  So, we get to eat lots of cake during these months. :))


Samuel is now 15.  I am taking him soon to take his reading proficiency test to get his driver's permit.  I know, it doesn't seem possible, does it?  I'm not going to blink from now on.  It seems like he was this age not too long ago:


Lizzy turned 14 in January:

We celebrated by having our annual tea at The Pink House in Claremore. I am glad I started this tradition with the girls and my mother.  Hopefully, we will be able to do this when they have daughters of their own.


Sadie and Nic's birthdays were in February:


Sadie asked me to make Esther Bolick's Orange Marmalade Cake for her birthday.  It was a pretty yummy recipe:


Aaron turned 44 this year.  The kids made him this banner for his birhtday.  They put a different theme on each letter:




We are gearing up for Summer birthdays now, starting with Henry's on June 6th.  I'll have some pics later.

No comments: