Monday, December 15, 2008

Day of Giving

Last Saturday, our church had their "Day of Giving." It is an outreach to families who just need a little help during the holidays. The church provided a meal and handed out gifts to children 12 and under. They also bought lots of door prizes to give out to all ages. We were able to bless almost 700 people this year! I took a few pictures, some of little sweet faces, that I wanted to share.

Pastor Barry welcoming everyone.

They filled the gymnasium, not just once, but twice!


One of the sweet faces I was talking about.

Here's another one.

This little guys came right up to me and wanted me to hold him. Look at those cheeks!

I took the three oldest children w/ me to help out. They were in charge of a couple of tables, making sure the people who sat there had plenty to drink, and serving them dessert. This is Sadie w/ one of her friends, Madison.

Sammy taking a break. I didn't get a picture of Lizzy, she was busy cleaning off the tables.

I wonder what this little guy was thinking?

It was great learning experience for the children in how to serve others.

1 comment:

liesel said...

What a neat ministry. We did Toys For Tots yesterday too. It is amazing how much need there is right here in our own community.