Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Colorado Springs - Day 3

Our 3rd day was spent at the Royal Gorge Bridge in Canon City. This is the highest suspension bridge in the United States at 1,053 feet above the Arkansas River and it is 1,260 feet long. It was windy walking across it and it felt like it was swaying. We walked across to the other side and rode the aerial tram back across the gorge. My grandparents took me to see this bridge when I was kid and I know that I wasn't nearly as terrified back then as I was on this trip. My legs felt like jell-o walking across the bridge and there was no way I was looking down on the tram!
There was a carousel right when you walked into the park and the kids took a few spins on it.
These next few pics are from the river looking up into the gorge.

The aerial tram from the river.


Some pics of white water rafters. This looked like a lot of fun to me. Maybe when the kids are bigger we can come back and do this.




Back at the top.




Silas and Sophie were the only ones who got to ride the mules. The other kids were too big.
Squirrels and pika were everywhere and would practically come up to you to get something to eat.













Zonked out after a long day of climbing and riding the carousel.


No comments: